NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile Extends the Power of RSS to Mobile Enterprise Workers and Consumers
Denver, CO – September 20, 2006 – NewsGator Technologies, Inc., the leading RSS platform company, today announced the public release of NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile, a product that allows users to read content and manage their RSS subscriptions seamlessly from any Windows-mobile capable device. Articles and subscriptions are synchronized between NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile and NewsGator’s other applications, including NewsGator Online, Inbox, NetNewsWire and FeedDemon.
As RSS continues to reach mainstream adoption among both consumers and enterprises, mobile workers need easy access to their customized news and information. NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile synchronizes with NewsGator’s entire product suite, users can specify which RSS subscriptions to access from to their mobile device, ensuring a streamlined and tailored RSS experience.
NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile will also integrate with NewsGator Enterprise Server in the same way it integrates with NewsGator Online. With synchronization between user desktops, Microsoft Outlook®, portals, enterprise applications, and now mobile, a truly go-anywhere enterprise solution will be available.
“Part of our strategy since the beginning has been to have information at our users’ fingertips, and mobile is a key part of this,” said Greg Reinacker, founder and CTO of NewsGator. “At the same time, we realize that mobile devices are usually a companion device, rather than a stand-alone information source. With this first release of NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile, we’re delivering on this vision – selected information at your fingertips, shared with your other applications, and integrated with the rest of your work.”
Key features and benefits of NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile include:
• Complete Synchronization – RSS subscriptions and content are fully synchronized across NewsGator’s entire suite of products, so articles marked as “read” on their mobile device will show up as “read” on their other NewsGator aggregators
• Formatted for mobile devices – Content including feeds and links are automatically formatted for mobile browsers to ensure an ideal viewing experience
• Select feeds for devices – From NewsGator Online, users can select which feeds they want to access from their mobile device, streamlining their experience
• Offline viewing – NewsGator Mobile for Windows Mobile downloads and caches articles, offering the ability to read posts while not connected to the Internet
• Familiar and easy-to-use interface – The NewsGator Mobile for Windows Mobile reading experience is simple, easy to use, and specifically designed for mobile users
NewsGator Go! for Windows Mobile is available for any device running the Windows Mobile 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0 or later operating systems including the Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q, Cingular 2125 and HP iPaqs. It is currently available for $29.95 and can be purchased at www.newsgator.com.