The source says that the smartphone the HP recently launched is the 500 series and the other devices are as follows:
- 100 Series: the substitute of old the rz1710. Entry range PDA with no phone but at for a very low price
- 200 Series: PDA/PND (autonomous GPS) hybrids, replacing the range iPAQ rx57/59
- 300 Series: devices dedicated to business professionals and equipped with a VGA screen (replacing ancestral the iPAQ hx4700)
- 500 Series: medium range smartphones
- 600 Series: 3G PDA phones equipped with keyboard and integrated GPS. An alternative to series 900, with a different design.
- 900 Series: the true successor of the HP iPAQ hw6915. Expected to have powerful features specially designed for business users such as keyboard, Wi-Fi, GPS.
I would love to see HP get back into the saddle. Hell, I’d like to see Dell get in the saddle period.