Customers with older versions of the BlackBerry 8700/8705 software can upgrade at T-Mobile.com for free.
The software upgrade includes a number of fixes:
- The new software includes the Daylight Savings Patch (DST2007)
- The device no longer encounter issues when attempting to roam internationally.
- The device no longer freezes with a spinning hourglass or reset unexpectedly.
- New platform upgrade to 4.2 just like the BlackBerry Pearl.
- The new software includes access to BlackBerry Maps.
- Lotus Notes calendar compatibility is now supported.
- Media (ring tones and pictures) file transfer using Bluetooth is now available.
- The addition of the media icon allows the customer to view ring tones and pictures.
Customers will need to re-download the Instant Messaging (IM) client if they use this application. To download the IM client, follow these steps:
- At Home screen, scroll to the Internet Browser icon and click the trackwheel.
- Expand Internet Browser Links. To expand, scroll to Internet Browser Links and click the trackwheel. Click Expand.
- Scroll to Install Instant Messaging and click the trackwheel.
- Click Get Link. The device will then download the IM application.
For more information visit T-Mobile Blackberry upgrade
Source: Boy Genius Report