The MySpace Mobile software is tightly integrated with the T-Mobile Sidekick hardware, user interface, and all the applications on the device. The new MySpace Mobile for the T-Mobile Sidekick is designed to optimize the delivery of data to each user and preserve the features that MySpace users love on the PC. All aspects of the MySpace Mobile experience are tailored so users can simply navigate on the T-Mobile Sidekick screen and enjoy fast access to T-Mobile’s robust wireless network.
MySpace Mobile for the T-Mobile Sidekick features include:
Customized User Interface (UI) – The new service has pertinent information including new messages, friend requests and comments located in one easy-to-navigate home screen. To use other aspects of the service, users simply navigate through the four main sections of the application: Home, MyMail, Blog, and Search. The Sidekick’s directional pad allows users to jump easily from each activity without waiting for a page to load.
Real-time Updates – MySpace Mobile users can stay signed in to MySpace even when they are on the go with their T-Mobile Sidekick. Real-time features include:
- Profile editing, which allows users to edit their MySpace profile directly from the MySpace application, quickly and easily, wherever they are. Profile updates are immediately reflected on the MySpace Web site.
- Optimized photo management, which empowers users to – with the click of a button – upload photos with captions from their T-Mobile Sidekick photo galleries, directly to MySpace.
- Full-featured MySpace messaging, including push content and notifications powered by the Danger service. The service automatically pushes content, such as new friend requests or new messages, to the end user, meaning that users are notified of new MySpace activity even when they are using other T-Mobile Sidekick applications. This changes the interaction paradigm from request/ response (as it is via the browser today) to real-time, push messaging.
- The application will provide “Online Now” status for a user’s friends who are online, further advancing the “always-on” model.
- Users can read, reply to or post comments to the profiles and photos of friends, as well as read and reply to comments on their own profiles.
Iconic Sidekick design- Customers consider the T-Mobile Sidekick a social lifeline and a messaging powerhouse thanks to intuitive features such as a large color screen, full QWERTY keyboard, and a host of communications capabilities including instant messaging and Web browsing.
This week, T-Mobile will begin a multi-week rollout of the new application to T-Mobile Sidekick users. T-Mobile customers can access and subscribe to the service through the Download Catalog. The new service will be available to all Sidekick iD and Sidekick 3 users by the end of October.
For more information visit Sidekick