Phatware Corporation today announced the release of Pocket dbExplorer 3.0, an advanced database management utility for Microsoft Windows-based mobile devices. The updated version supports Windows Mobile System and Mounted Database Volume and features support for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 Standard and Professional. Editing databases is similar to Windows Mobile’s File Explorer in functionality, except that it interacts with databases stored in in the object store folders or in external database volumes instead of files.
To see a list of its features, click the Read the Rest link below.
Pocket dbExplorer 3 feature the following:
- Manages databases – allows copying, deleting, and renaming databases on your mobile device.
- View/Edit databases – allows viewing and editing of any system or application database located in the Databases folder
- Transfer data via IR – allows transferring of any database including contacts, appointments, notes, etc. between two Windows Powered mobile devices using the Infrared port
- Portability – supports practically any retail Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC or Smartphone.
- Efficiency – allows the freeing of storage space on your mobile device by deleting unused databases.
- Backup and Restore databases – allows backup/restoring of one or more databases into a single file which you can store on your desktop PC or a flash memory card.
- Backup and Restore registry – allows backup/restoring of all or selected registry settings into a single file which you can store on your desktop PC or a flash memory card.
- Security – protect your archives with password.
- Simple user interface – has the familiar look and feel of Windows File Explorer.
- Pocket PC Logo Certified – certified with the Designed for Microsoft Windows for Microsoft Pocket PC logo.
- Compressed Backup Files – allows compressing of the backup file.
To try it out for yourself, click Download PhatWare Products.