Sprint is the only U.S. wireless carrier to produce its own network of original TV programming, today launching SEE (Sprint Exclusive Entertainment). SEE delivers exclusive TV programs on Sprint video-enabled phones at no extra charge to customers with any Power Vision data plan. SEE can be accessed in three easy steps: by simply clicking on the phone’s media player from the main screen, scrolling to SEE on a channel menu similar to cable TV, and then selecting a program to watch.
SEE’s brief on-demand programs average approximately two minutes in length and focus on three major areas – sports, music and entertainment news. The programs are shot at various on-site locations and at a brand-new studio managed by production partner Intersport. SEE delivers more than 150 programs each week that are hosted by well-known personalities.
Providing expert analysis throughout the day before and after sporting events, hosts include:
- Marshall Faulk (former NFL MVP running back, current NFL Network analyst)
- Drew Rosenhaus (popular sports agent)
- Trev Alberts (former ESPN Game Day anchor, College Football All-American)
- Tom Waddle (former NFL wide receiver, ESPN Radio host, NFL Network talent)
- Joe Girardi (three-time World Series Champion, FOX and YES Network broadcaster)
- Jenn Sterger (former SI.com commentator)
- Hub Arkush (ProFootballWeekly.com managing editor)
- Dave Revsine (former ESPN Sports Center anchor, Big Ten Network broadcaster)
- Dorsey Levens (Super Bowl Champion)
In addition to general sports commentary, specific SEE sports programs focus on NASCAR, golf, fantasy sports and football, including the NFL Center program with highlights from every NFL game throughout the season. SEE will also provide full coverage from an on-site studio at events such as Super Bowl XLII and the men’s college basketball tournament.
Hosted by former VH1 VJ Rachel Perry, SEE offers an ever-expanding variety of music content from across genres, including:
- music news about artists, album releases and upcoming tours
- a weekly “Top 10 Videos” segment
- exclusive artist interviews
- exclusive concerts
As news breaks, SEE music programs are released throughout the day. SEE delivers exclusive content from some of the hottest names in the music industry, including Hurricane Chris, Juanes, Rihanna, Soulja Boy, Sum 41, T.I. and T-Pain.
SEE is the exclusive mobile provider of CelebTV.com, which delivers the latest celebrity and entertainment news from host Kelli Zink, who is also a frequent commentator on shows from FOX, CNN, MSNBC and others. CelebTV.com provides 10-12 updates everyday about everything in Hollywood.
SEE’s studio is equipped with state-of-art technology including satellites, fiber, lighting grids, multiple flat-screen LCDs, several editing suites, top-of-the-line studio cameras and high-powered graphics computers. SEE will continue to build its content offerings in the months ahead.
For more information about SEE, including online examples of actual segments, visit www.sprint.com/see.
Source: Sprint press release