Ever wonder who came up with that monstrosity of a design that is the Bluetooth headset? Tritton Technologies has—and is announcing their alternative to the bulky, overbearing earpiece: the AX BlueStream Stereo Headset. The headset, which allows you to control cell phone functions and your phone’s MP3 player, eliminates the common cyborg-like earpiece and uncomfortable standard ear buds.
Roughly 2.5" long and weighing less than an ounce, the AX BlueStream is not your average headset. The package comes with stereo ear buds and a mono ear bud to be used while driving and its ability to connect to Bluetooth enabled Macs and PCs makes it the perfect wireless solution for Skype and other VoIP based calls.
Read more after the jump.
With its mini-USB port, the AX Bluestream ensures future product compatibility through firmware updates. Additionally, the unit includes a DC charger, USB charging cable, stereo ear buds and a mono ear bud to be used while driving an automobile.
- CD Quality Sound and high quality voice output
- Supports A2DP for stereo audio streaming, and AVRCP for remote music playback control
- Supports Headset/Handsfree Profiles for handsfree operation with Bluetooth phones
- Bright and easy to read “OLED” (organic LED) display for displaying Caller ID, volume, and music playback status.
- 3 easy to use buttons
- Built in microphone
- Integrated Lapel Clip
- Universal 3.5mm headset jack, use the headset of your preference
- Comfortable design is suited for users of all ages
- Built-in Li-Polymer battery for long standby and talk times
- Charge via USB, or with AC adaptor
- USB Interface port allows the user to upgrade the Firmware if needed, allowing for product enhancement / maintenance
The Bluestream is available today through TRITTON’s network of online and retail partners for $79.99 MSRP.