Just how easy is it to upgrade the AT&T Branded Palm Treo 750? Pretty damn easy. Even with a hitch, I was done in a little more than 30 minutes. I have been waiting on this far too long and I am so excited now to finally have it here. I had to get on it right away. I decided to document the procedure. Enjoy.
So, here is my poor run down Treo 750 running WM5… He is quite sad at this point.
Read on as Mr. Treo 750 gets a bit happier…
1. Go here. Read all this stuff, make sure your device and computer meet the requirement and start blind clicking like most of us do!
2. Read all this mumbo jumbo just to have it tell you to download this big ole 61mb file.
3. Exactly 1min 34sec later, you are ready to rock and roll!
4. Extract the files and run the executable from the archive.
5. Now we’re running the installer and it tells me what to do. So I do it. Hit start to get going here.
I make sure that I have WMDC running. It is and my Treo doesn’t look like a Treo. I know I can change my icon, but I am too lazy.
6. The updater takes you through the procedure…
7. During the installation, cool info about the update scroll…
About this time, my Treo Reboots and has this cool boot loader screen for a bit…
8. UH OH… what the heck. Ok, don’t panic. I reset and restarted and….
9. It rolled on past the part where it failed on the 1st go around.
Looks like we have a long time to go guys…
20 Minutes later!
10. Wow, like the USPS, right on time. 25min 33sec later, we are done.
We are almost there. Yeah!
The cool WM6 Boot Screen fade into this cool Palm Screen for a couple minutes…
11. As the Treo 750, now with WM6, boots up, WMDC pops up and now the picture looks like my Treo!
At last, Windows Mobile 6 on my AT&T Branded Palm Treo 750! Thanks guys!