AT&T Returns as the Official Wireless Sponsor of ‘American Idol’ With a Host of Exciting Offers
Now that the top 24 “American Idol” contestants have been selected, AT&T
announced today that it’s time for Idol fans across this great nation to let their voices be heard and exercise their right to vote – for the next “American Idol.”
For the past few weeks, television audiences have eagerly watched to see who the “American Idol” judges would select as the top 24 contestants
competing this season. Well, the suspense is finally over, and tonight the
decision is in the hands of the American television audience.
“AT&T is pleased to once again offer text messaging as an easy and convenient way to connect people to America’s favorite show,” said Mark
Collins, vice president of Consumer Data for AT&T’s wireless unit.
“Throughout the years, we have been thrilled that our customers who are
fans of the show have embraced all of our Idol-related offerings. This
season promises to be just as exciting, so be sure to watch and text your
Customers can enjoy outrageous tones and videos featuring actual audition performances and, beginning with the top 12 finalists, will be able to personalize their wireless phones with Live Idol Tones – ringtones and Answer Tones of their performances.
In addition, customers can stay connected to their favorite contestants
through a host of messaging-based offerings, including Text Voting, Hosted
Idol Chat, Idol Trivia and a sweepstakes in which the grand-prize winner
will win $50,000 and a trip to the show finale in Los Angeles. Standard
text- messaging rates apply.
So whether you want to experience Idol through text messages, tones or
video, AT&T offers something for just about everyone this season:
- Text Voting – Send the word VOTE to your favorite contestant’s four-digit number. You can vote for as many contestants as you want, as often as you like, during the voting window after each show.
- Vote Reminder – To receive text messages listing all the contestants and their codes on your wireless phone each week, just send JOIN to 3003.
- Idol Trivia – To sign up for weekly Idol trivia, send PLAY to 5005.
- Idol TXT Chats – Once the show is narrowed to the top 12, AT&T wireless customers will have the opportunity to chat each week with the Idol contestant who was eliminated from the previous night’s show. Fans will post questions, as part of a group chat, to the contestant during a designated time and then will receive a text message with the contestant’s response. To sign up, send the word CHAT to 7007.
- TXT-n-Win Sweepstakes – One Idol fan will walk away with $50,000 cash and a trip for two to the “American Idol” finale in Los Angeles. Once you register, every text, picture or instant message you send counts as another entry to win. To register to win the TXT-n-Win Sweepstakes, just text the word IDOL to 4004; all messages you send to friends and family will offer another chance to win.
- Live Idol Tones – Beginning with the top 12 contestants, “American Idol” fans can get ringtones and Answer Tones of the contestants’ live performances. To make it easy for customers to purchase a tone of their favorite performance each week, AT&T allows customers to reserve songs the night they are performed for purchase the following day. Overnight, the performance songs, subject to music clearances, are created as Live Idol Tones ringtones and Answer Tones. The next day, you receive a text message on your phone to purchase and download your reserved selection.
- Outrageous Tones and Video – “American Idol” viewers can watch selected outrageous Idol audition videos as much as they want with CV on compatible AT&T phones. The same outrageous auditions can be downloaded as ringtones and Answer Tones.
Live Idol Tones and Outrageous Tones are available nationwide for $2.49
a ringtone. The charge for each Live Idol Tone or Outrageous Tone Answer
Tone purchase is $1.99, in addition to a monthly service charge of $0.99.
For more information on Answer Tones, visit http://www.answertones.wireless.att.com.
To watch this season’s outrageous videos:
- Select CV from your phone’s main menu.
- Choose Entertainment.
- Select American Idol.
- Watch selected outrageous videos!
AT&T recommends selecting a MEdia Max bundle, which provides unlimited
access to streaming video, basic content and mobile Web-browsing with MEdia Net. The MEdia Max bundle is $19.99 a month and includes 200 text messages.
Text Voting Is as Easy as 1, 2, 3! - If you’re an “American Idol” fan but have never picked up your new AT&T wireless phone to vote, you just need to follow these three simple steps:
- On your AT&T wireless phone, select Menu, and start a new message from the Text Messaging option.
- Type in the word VOTE, then select Options and Send.
- Enter the four-digit number of the contestant(s) for whom you want to vote, then select OK. (Contestant numbers are listed during each voting show.)
AT&T offers two easy ways to send a text message:
- Pay as you go (automatically included with your service – 15 cents a message).
- Select a messaging package for as low as $5 month. Messaging packages include text, picture, video and instant messages.
Most AT&T wireless phones support text messaging. Do you have an older
phone and are not sure whether it is enabled for text messaging? Visit
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/messaging-internet/compatible-phones.jsp, or dial 611 from your wireless phone to find out whether your phone is compatible.
Fans can visit AT&T stores or go online at http://www.att.com/americanidol for more details on AT&T’s “American Idol”-related content and features this season.
Source: AT&T press release