Verizon Wireless Phones Can Now Access Corporate E-Mail with RemoSync
Businesses can stay connected to their corporate e-mail using their everyday wireless phones with RemoSync, the newest out-of-the-box e-mail application available to Verizon Wireless customers. Available on select Get It Now®-capable phones, RemoSync allows customers who use Microsoft Exchange Servers for their businesses to manage their e-mail, calendar and contacts in real-time on their phones – all for less than $10 monthly access.
RemoSync, developed by Remoba, is ideal for small and medium business and enterprise customers who need the tools to manage their business activities, without purchasing separate smartphones or PDAs. The Direct Push Technology allows customers to automatically view their e-mail when they launch the application on their phones.
Features and capabilities of the RemoSync application include:
- Read, compose, reply, reply to all, edit, send, and delete
- Forward e-mails with attachments
- View attachment names
- Handle meeting invites (accept, decline and undecided)
- Integration of native phone contacts
- Access to Global address lists
- E-mail alerts
- Download Outlook® contacts to the phone
- Upload phone contacts to Outlook contacts
- Add, edit, sync, remove from phone, delete from Outlook features
- Search and access Global address lists and Outlook
- View Calendar Events – daily, weekly and monthly views
- Add, edit and delete events from the phone
- Select date to view events
- Online and offline edit features
- Meeting reminders
- Schedule meetings and invite attendees via an on-device phonebook, Outlook and Global address lists
“The addition of RemoSync gives our business customers the added features of a business device on the phones they carry with them every day,” said Andrea Caldini, executive director of product management and development for Verizon Wireless. “We expect the average customer to use between one and two megabytes of data per month, making RemoSync an affordable solution for businesses. Plus, since the phones run on the most reliable wireless voice and data network in the country, our customers can stay connected to their business communications when they are on the go.”
Customers need either access to a Microsoft Exchange Server or need to be using Verizon Wireless’ Hosted Exchange solution to use RemoSync, but customers do not need to purchase a data plan in order to use the application. Customers without a V CAST VPak as part of their calling plan will be charged for airtime or $1.99 per megabyte when initially downloading or using RemoSync.
RemoSync is available for $9.99 monthly access in the Get New Applications category in the Get It Now virtual store on the following phones: LG VX9400, LG VX8700, Chocolate by LG, V by LG, enV(2)™ by LG, Venus™ by LG, and Voyager™ by LG; Verizon Wireless Gleam™ by Samsung, Verizon Wireless FlipShot™ by Samsung and Alias™ by Samsung; MOTORAZR™ maxx Ve, MOTORAZR(2) V9m, MOTORIZR™ Z6tv, and MOTO™ Z6c world edition.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.