Gear Diary has the goods on an update for the Samsung SCH-i760 that Jack reviewed last year. This was a super cool WinMo phone that hit Verizon last year. It’s good to see older phones get the upgrades!
Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-I760, which is recommended to be installed. This update includes an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.1 and numerous software additions/enhancements / corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.
* Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 with version AKU 1.0.0
* Popular features for WM6.1 include, threaded SMS, Domain Enrollment, and updated “Vista” looks.
* Applied, several Bluetooth improvements (updated BT DUN profile, improved scanning)
* Applied, support for YouTube videos
* Applied, Qualcomm patch
* Fixed, memory leakage by replacing POOM API
* Fixed, notification malfunction under certain conditions
* Fixed, certain conditions prevented delivery of MMS
* Added, MEID support (included in BC04 MR)
* Added, WLAN chipset enhancement (included in BC04 MR)