The US gets shafted on a cool phone again. Yes, it says that availability dates for NORTH AMERICA will be announced by local markets in the coming months. I guess this it is for sure that the US will not see the Xperia X1 until after September 30th.
The following Countries will have the Sony Xperia X1 on September 30th, 2008 though…
- APAC – Indonesia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Western Europe – Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Portugal
- Central Europe – Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic
- Middle East – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
- Africa – South Africa
- Latin America – Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia
Availability dates for North America, China, Australia and Russia along with other countries not mentioned above will be announced by local markets in the coming months.
In addition, I caught a bit over at Tracy and Matt’s Blog this morning about a Sony Ericsson built Xperia Blog…
Hi, welcome to the Xperia blogger’s centre. We’ve created it so that Sony Ericsson can start to understand and engage in all of the conversations that are already happening about the Xperia.
It’s fair to say that up until now, apart from with the developer community, we’ve not done a great job of listening to and talking with the wider blogging community. This is our first step in changing all that. We’ve been inspired by some of the great initiatives by other companies, but this is very much our own idea and we hope we’ve learnt from what others have done.
Source: Sony Ericsson