As promised by Amazon, their Kindle Ebook buying and reading software has finally been released for Windows. The application was originally demoed two weeks ago but is now available as a free download at www.amazon.com/KindleforPC.
Kindle for PC is designed to take advantage of Windows 7 touch features and also uses Amazon’s popular Whispersync feature, so your books can stay synced between your PC, Kindle and iPhone.
The full list of features includes:
- Purchase, download and read hundreds of thousands of books available in the Kindle Store
- Read the beginning of any book for free before they buy
- Access their library of previously purchased Kindle books stored on Amazon’s servers for free
- Read books in full color including children’s books, cookbooks, travel books, textbooks and graphic novels
- Choose from more than 10 different font sizes and adjust words per line
- Add and automatically synchronize bookmarks and last page read
- View notes and highlights marked on Kindle, Kindle DX, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Zoom in and out of text with a pinch of the fingers (Windows 7 users only)
- Turn pages with a finger swipe (available in a future release for Windows 7 users)
As with Kindle software on other devices, it can only read books purchased from Amazon, and doesn’t work in many countries.