As all of you guys know, Engadget had some photos of it…and now Gizmodo has their hands on the new 4th generation iPhone! Gizmodo is saying it’s the real deal, and it’s got some design changes. Well what’s new?
- Front-facing video chat camera
- Improved regular camera. The lens is larger than the lens found on the 3GS
- Flash on the camera! (FINALLY!)
- It uses microSIM like the iPad, unlike the 3GS
- Improved display (resolution is still unknown
- Secondary microphone for noise cancellation
- Volume buttons are now split
- All the buttons are metallic.
The back of the newGizmodo couldn’t get past the “Connect to iTunes” screen, Apple remotely killed the OS, and each OS is specific to each device, and no one has OS 4.0 for this unreleased device. Well, how can Gizmodo confirm that it’s indeed a prototype iPhone? Well, the boot sequence to Connect to iTunes is correct, and OS X System Profiler recognizes the device as an iPhone, in restore mode. To confirm it further, they ripped it open and some of the components on the device is clearly “APPLE”.
Head on over to Gizmodo for much, much, much more info!