Notices

ActiveSync Why has it taken so long for this category?

Old 02-20-06, 04:58 PM   #1
Aximsite Minor League

Device: MOTOKRZR k1m
Error --> "ActiveSync not found on this computer"

I have been running AS4.1 with WM5/A06 for several weeks without any problems.

Today I tried to install a couple of new applications, and out of the blue got the following error dialog: "ActiveSync not found on this computer. Setup cannot continue and will now exit." The only thing system-wise that I can think of that may be contributing to the issue is I have installed new MS Windows Media security updates that came out for WIN2K within the last week.

It appears to be a registry issue to me. Can anyone think of a quick fix that I can do short of uninstalling, deleting from the registry, and re-installing ActiveSync?
ThundaAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 02-21-06, 02:02 AM   #2
l0l
Aximsite Minor League

AS hot found.

Originally Posted by ThundaAx
I have been running AS4.1 with WM5/A06 for several weeks without any problems.

Today I tried to install a couple of new applications, and out of the blue got the following error dialog: "ActiveSync not found on this computer. Setup cannot continue and will now exit." The only thing system-wise that I can think of that may be contributing to the issue is I have installed new MS Windows Media security updates that came out for WIN2K within the last week.

It appears to be a registry issue to me. Can anyone think of a quick fix that I can do short of uninstalling, deleting from the registry, and re-installing ActiveSync?
If you've download & install MS Windows Media security updates, you can try uninstalling it.

Then install your Ax applications. After installing your Ax apps, re-install MS Windows Media security updates.

Your might want to search MS bulletin for compatibility issues.

Are you able to sync?
l0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 12:41 PM   #3
Aximsite Minor League

Device: MOTOKRZR k1m
I could sync just fine all along. The only issue I was seeing is I could not install any new apps to my PPC because the setup programs were evidently detecting an issue with ActiveSync, presumably via the registry.

I ended up uninstalling & reinstalling ActiveSync to recover. I messed up when I forgot to delete my partnership before performing the uninstall, so I made my recovery a little tougher than it needed to be. I didn't hack my registry because I wanted the uninstall information for my currently loaded PPC programs to remain intact.
ThundaAx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
>, error

Sponsor Ads