Notices

Applications and Utilities Talk about apps and utilities for Windows Mobile and PPC

Old 10-05-05, 04:35 AM   #1
Aximsite Elite

Device: iPhone 2G (OS 3.1)
Carrier: City Fido

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member Admin Medal Aximsite Contest Winner Top Notch MyPDA Red Cross 
Total Awards: 5

Question Alternatives to Orb

I need HELP! I've been having problems with Orb on my desktop.. on my laptop it works fine but I don't want to use my laptop as a server. So are there any good alternatives to Orb?

Thanks guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 10-05-05, 06:24 AM   #2
Aximsite All Star

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member Aximsite Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 2

Don't know of a free alternative, but Slingbox (a hardware solution) is supposed to do basically the same thing.

What kind of problems are you having on your desktop?
jimbo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 06:42 AM   #3
Aximsite Legend

Awards Showcase
Moderator Medal Aximsite Active Silver Member Aximsite Gold Reviews Aximsite Bronze Referrer Aximsite Gold Tutorials Aximsite Bronze Contributors Aximsite Silver FAQs Aximsite Veteran Staff 
Total Awards: 10

VideoLan has a steep learning curve, but it's free and works.
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 01:35 PM   #4
Aximsite Elite

Device: iPhone 2G (OS 3.1)
Carrier: City Fido

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member Admin Medal Aximsite Contest Winner Top Notch MyPDA Red Cross 
Total Awards: 5

When I login to Orb it says error connecting to server, the PC or the server might be turned off. but on my desktop Orb server is running fine. Now I've tried turning off all the firewalls (incl windows firewall) and a/v.. still no luck.

Originally Posted by Gigi
VideoLan has a steep learning curve, but it's free and works.
thanks for the link! which version are you using (can you post the link)? I'm getting an error on my PPC when trying to run the .exe. :(

Rishad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternatives, orb

Sponsor Ads