Notices

Applications and Utilities Talk about apps and utilities for Windows Mobile and PPC

Old 07-24-05, 04:59 PM   #1
Aximsite Minor League

Resco radio anybody tried it yet

It seems a fantastic program and works very well apart from when I try to set up my own favourite radio stations. the explanation about "save target as" should save a file ending in m3u or pls is not working for me and likewise i open up a stream in my PC's media player and get the stream address and bit rate but everytime I input the info the radio crashes and loses ant settings I changed.
I would buy this app if it let me listen to my preffered stations.
Any views or ideas.
Here's the link if you haven't seen it yet RESCO RADIO LINK
ir803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 07-24-05, 05:02 PM   #2
tancerman

I never tried it. Seems interesting.
Old 07-24-05, 05:35 PM   #3
Aximsite All Star

Wow.. That's pretty cool! I'm gonna try it with my own stations now.
transcout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-05, 03:48 PM   #4
Aximsite Minor League

any luck programming your own stations?? I can't get it to work. I won't buy it unless I can get my stations, BBC radio 1, BBC ClassicFM, BBC Walesjust for starters.
Old 07-30-05, 08:56 PM   #5
Aximsite Rookie

i just installed the program, great app, doe anyone know a source for more stations or better yet anyone run a custom station of there own for us aximsite users to listen in on!

shane
128 SD SanDisk (games)
RhinoSkin Hardcase
1100mah Mugen Battery (ALL FOR SALE)
----------------------------
fibes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-05, 07:25 AM   #6
Aximsite Minor League

i tried following their instructions on settign radion streams using the http address but everytime I set it the program just shut down, I was trying the BBC's classicFM and found a couple of different address that could have been the live stream but neither worked. I found a site which listed streams http://www.yrguk.com/radio/radio_text.htm but a lot of them ran in REAL player so I don't know if it will work, I sent an email to RESCO but have had no reply.
Old 07-31-05, 08:42 AM   #7
Aximsite Prospect

Originally Posted by fibes7
i just installed the program, great app, doe anyone know a source for more stations or better yet anyone run a custom station of there own for us aximsite users to listen in on!

shane

Yes get the newest version of winamp, go to shoutcast radio, and make a playlist of your favorite stations, then copy to ur PPC. Open the playlist with Resco radio and then they will all be in My radio folder
trunks333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-06, 07:44 PM   #8
Aximsite All Star

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Bronze Contributors 
Total Awards: 1

Originally Posted by trunks333
Yes get the newest version of winamp, go to shoutcast radio, and make a playlist of your favorite stations, then copy to ur PPC. Open the playlist with Resco radio and then they will all be in My radio folder
This sounds very dumb... but what is "winamp & why is it needed? Doesn't have the ability To go grab radio stations?

DavidLennartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-06, 08:33 PM   #9
Aximsite All Star

Device: Moto V3R
Carrier: AT&T
I have Resco Radio installed on my x50v and it works well on most streams. I've used Shoutcast to find most of the streams I listen to. My only real complaint is like most things Resco, every new minor incremental update requires a new registration code. Very annoying.
Old 06-25-06, 02:27 PM   #10
Aximsite Minor League

I have Resco Radio on my rx1950 and works great, so I buyed the program, Only thing that sucks you have to have Wi-Fi to make it work which for me thats all I have no bluetooth no GPRS, So I rarely use it unless im somewere eating and feel like listening to the radio lol. One thing be nice if it hade a news station. You knowl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"eko caves"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

danieldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-06, 07:58 PM   #11
Aximsite Minor League

I programed in my own stations w/out too much trouble. Can't remember how I did it though! I rememer not all playlist formats are supported and it took some messing. Just keep playing with it, you'll figure it out.

This is the best place to find stations that I know of: http://www.radio-locator.com/
Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 09:25 AM   #12
Aximsite Veteran

Device: Samsung A900m
Carrier: Sprint

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member 

Aximsitemobileicon

There are posts here, about creating Radio station shortcuts and place them on your Today screen as shown

X51V
Latest News, Tips, Skins, Podcasts, Videos,..Visit
SolSie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 10:20 AM   #13
bdv
Aximsite Rookie

Device: SPV C550
Carrier: O2/Orange
Try http://www.radio4pda.com/ for radio stations, though not sure if u will be able to get the correct format.

Last edited by bdv; 06-26-06 at 10:22 AM.
bdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 06:06 PM   #14
Aximsite Minor League

Use http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda for your radio stations. This works like a charm for me without spending any money on extra software. I even have shortcuts on my today screen via iLauncher so all I have to do is click on one for instant streaming.

Hope this helps.
Y2Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 04:53 AM   #15
Aximsite All Star

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Bronze Contributors 

Originally Posted by Y2Dre
Use http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda for your radio stations. This works like a charm for me without spending any money on extra software. I even have shortcuts on my today screen via iLauncher so all I have to do is click on one for instant streaming.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, that link sounds interesting...I may well give it a try when I can get some time......DL

DavidLennartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio, resco

Sponsor Ads