Notices

Games Talk/Review Games for Dell's Axim

Old 06-02-07, 04:31 AM   #1
Aximsite Prospect

Wii-mote with pocket pc

Has anyone attempted to get a wii-mote working with a pocket pc? If it was attached right I think it would work perfect.

It uses bluetooth for communication, so I was wondering if anyone's tried or has a driver for this.
Dancin_Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 06-02-07, 07:59 AM   #2
Aximsite Veteran

Device: Apple iPhone 8GB
Carrier: T-Mobile - Unlocked

Awards Showcase
Moderator Medal News Editor Medal Aximsite Active Bronze Member Aximsite Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 4

Well, right now, even if we have it connected, there isn't anything we can do with it. I don't think we would need a driver, but we would need something to use it for.

No games/programs can do anything like it, unlike for PC, where there are programs like Glove-whatever, which translates Wii-mote movements into actual things like mouse movements or keyboard presses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ksong12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-07, 09:44 AM   #3
Aximsite Minor League

Device: LG LX350
Carrier: Sprint
Someone's announced a Wiimote driver project for Windows Mobile in this Brighthand thread.

It won't go public until June 10, and I can't be sure that they'll have a proof-of-concept driver by then.

However, it's good to know that someone's giving it a shot. I have my Classic Controller laying around in wait for something like this.
NamelessPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-07, 11:37 AM   #4
Aximsite Prospect

Oh cool, alright I'll hold off for a bit then. I'm a software engineer for a game company who specialized in embedded systems in school.

I was gonna start writing something on my own but maybe I'll wait til the 10th before I start doing anything.
Old 06-02-07, 03:13 PM   #5
Haesslich

Say, doesn't the Wiimote need the sensor bar in order to determine relative position, on top of what the accelerometers in the Wiimote itself tell it about its orientation and direction of movement? On the one hand, it'd be kinda cool to be able to use the Classic Controller with a PDA, but on the other hand the wand-waving and sword-swinging bits are probably going to be relatively useless to us without the 'relative position' measurements, although the mouse functions MIGHT work.
Old 06-02-07, 04:19 PM   #6
Aximsite Prospect

The controller only requires two led's it doesn't actually need the sensor bar.

Though that part of the controller is not my interest. I just want to use it like a nes controller for games. Or possibly try to get the classic controller working with it.

I emailed the guy from the other thread to see if he needs any help with development.
Old 06-17-07, 02:59 PM   #7
Aximsite Prospect

Device: Sanyo Katana
Carrier: Sprint
Hey guys, I'm the Coordinator of the WiiMöB project.

DF is right, the goal is to get all the of digital buttons (and possibly the CC analog sticks) for the wiimote and all extensions working.

We have a library that takes the stream-level interface and turns it into a nice C# api. At first we will probably just have a background app that monitors the wiimote inputs and emits keystrokes to the active app. This should provide good compatibility and serve as a starting point.

Eventually we will move the codebase into a DLL and register it properly as a HID Gamepad driver. This may or may not require moving down to native C++, but it is a problem for the future :)

I am working on the project as a hobby, and so far I have been the only one to check in any code to the codeplex site (a few people have asked to be added as developers, and I am happy to oblige for anyone interested). As a result, I can only give vague assurances of when it might be out, probably some time in the next few months. If I suddenly have a group of developers to collaborate and problem-solve with, that figure could go way down, and we could have proof of concept code in a week :)

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still dedicated to this project, june 10 was just an arbitrary codeplex deadline for making the site public, i hope no one was expecting a working driver and was disappointed :(

Thanks everyone for your interest,
-justinb
justinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-07, 03:56 PM   #8
Hoggie3

I tried searching for the remote using the ms stack and it didn't even show up.
Old 06-17-07, 04:35 PM   #9
Haesslich

Originally Posted by Hoggie3 View Post
I tried searching for the remote using the ms stack and it didn't even show up.
As the guy above you noted, it doesn't have driver support yet... which is what he's trying to put in, since it won't register as a normal HID device.
Old 01-25-08, 11:59 AM   #10
Aximsite Rookie

its been 6 months since this projected got rolling. Whats the status?
Old 01-26-08, 05:18 PM   #11
Aximsite All Star

My guess is that it has gone no where.
jadesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 10:15 PM   #12
Aximsite Prospect

We cannot quit so easily!!!

So JustinB seems unreachable, and WiiMob seems totally dead... that doesn't mean we here at the aximsite can't tackle this does it?

I have been working on hacking the bluesoleil for wince to recognize the wiimote as an HID Joystick (which it supposedly has a built in profile and driver for). I successfully reversed the bluesoleil executable and got it to continue the pairing process without a pin, but I have lost my direction and am looking for some input.

Does anyone know about bluetooth, HID, wiimote pairing, or the widcomm sdk?

Don't let the dream of a pocket-Wii die with WiiMob!! Help out if you can, continue this post, or send an email to me jack44556677@hotmail.com.

I AM making progress, but I may be going about this the wrong way...
jack44556677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 08:04 AM   #13
Aximsite Elite

Device: iPhone 4s
Carrier: Optus

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Gold Member Aximsite Active Silver Member Aximsite Contest Winner Aximsite Active Bronze Member 
Total Awards: 4

would love to help but i do not know about programming on PDA. have you looked at the chainplus bluetooth controller? it might give you ideas....

Tags
pocket, wiimote

Sponsor Ads