AT&T Tilt specs, users manual, videos, reviews, etc

AT&T TILT SPECS
GUIDES AND MANUALS

FAQ

SUPPORT

REVIEWS AND UNBOXINGS

Articles from Pocketables.net
10 tips on fixing common AT&T Tilt problems

How to tether AT&T Tilt to Nokia N800/N810 (Bluetooth DUN)

Mobile web speed: AT&T Tilt 3G vs. iPhone EDGE

HTC Advantage X7501 and AT&T Tilt in harmony

First impressions of the AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II)

:love:

Susan

Last edited by gasusan2005; 02-24-08 at 09:06 AM. Reason: update links
Sponsor Ads
Old 02-01-08, 10:55 PM   #2
Aximsite Prospect

New owner of HTC 8900 Tilt with problem

My device is merely 5 wks in my possession and the back has fallen off and disappeared. Any idea as to where I can find a replacement?
Purplevirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 10:57 PM   #3
Aximsite Prospect

Worried New owner of HTC 8900 Tilt with problem

My device is merely 5 wks in my possession and the back has fallen off and disappeared. Any idea as to where I can find a replacement?
Purplevirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 10:43 PM   #4
DSmithZ28

You can order an extended battery that comes with a new back. It is a good excuse to go bigger on power. Boxwave, mugen, ebay. google it man! google it!
Old 02-24-08, 11:00 AM   #5
Aximsite Prospect

You seem like someone that may be able to answer my questions. It seems that AT&T has no idea what their phones can or cannot do. I have used a Blackberry for years no and have been semi content with them. the Blackberry I have now is a Pearl. I got it for hte main reason that the AT&T sales person assuredme that I could send emails with attachments. NOT so!!! the only attachments it sends is photo attachments. I am getting the Tilt now because I am told with Windows Mobile Professional that I will be able to put my documents that are on various letterheads on file in hte phone and after my message attach these letters. As a Tilt user what is this phone capable of doing? I also with the Pearl was unalbe to go online and listen to hour long live audio radio programs. What about the Tilt? I also was unable to download video or even capture video with the camera of the Pearl? What about the TIlt?
moonflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 12:11 AM   #6
Aximsite Prospect

Device: Old school nokia
Carrier: at&t
The tilt is by FAR a better device than any blackberry. If you have never used windows mobile it will take a little while to adjust. One thing you should know is this phone does not have the proper video drivers and they are not currently available. I am confident these drivers will be available soon. If your main concern is e-mails and music this device is more than sufficent. I recently bought on for my wife and she loves it even though she will never use it to its full potential. If you have problems learning the device, e-mail attachments, etc., I suggest going here Best Sites for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs, Handheld PCs, and Smartphones and selecting any of the forums on the listed web pages. I'm no expert but feel free to contact me, though it may be a day or two before I respond.
WeaselCossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-08, 02:44 PM   #7
kevingamin

I've put the 10 tips on fixing common AT&T Tilt problems article from Pocketables.com to good use. I've downloaded KaiserTweak, switched all of the options to the advised choices, downloaded Opera Mobile to test drive how well that works, and am getting ready to install the black dialer skin so I can touch dial on the screen. I keep this up, my wife might start envying my Tilt over her iPhone...
Old 03-25-08, 09:58 AM   #8
Aximsite All Star

Kevin,
She probably will not until we get the video driver updates. The iPhone screen is among the best if not the best I've ever seen, and that includes the Axim X50V. The Apple GUI is also very nice, making the phone easy to use. Now if it just ran Mobile Word, Excel, and Powerpoint I might be tempted. Oh yeah, the camera is ten times better than the Tilt's. Don't get me wrong, I love my Tilt, but there's a lot of nice features on those Apples too.
srf506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 11:02 PM   #9
kevingamin

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the video driver update, myself. Of course, HTC has to ADMIT there's a video driver issue first...
Old 03-26-08, 12:05 AM   #10
DSmithZ28

I don't look for a driver update at all for the Tilt. We should hopefully see the software update this month, but it is not what we are looking for. If anything, there will be a new device with the Qualcomm chip set released with the appropriate drivers that can hopefully be cooked into our ROM's. But even that is doubtful. It is what it is. TyTN III perhaps.
Old 03-27-08, 03:24 PM   #11
kevingamin

Originally Posted by DSmithZ28 View Post
I don't look for a driver update at all for the Tilt. We should hopefully see the software update this month, but it is not what we are looking for. If anything, there will be a new device with the Qualcomm chip set released with the appropriate drivers that can hopefully be cooked into our ROM's. But even that is doubtful. It is what it is. TyTN III perhaps.
Not for me. I've already broke the bank this month on my wife's iPhone and my Tilt. And that was BEFORE I found out how much we owed in taxes. :rolling:
Old 03-28-08, 04:48 PM   #12
Aximsite Prospect

FYI -

These link appear to be dead:

FAQ

Tilt FAQ- HTC: Support: AT&T Tilt FAQs

Tilt Tips and Tricks- HTC: Support: AT&T Tilt Tips & Tricks

Tilt Software downloads- HTC: Support: AT&T Tilt Software Downloads
dartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 08:25 PM   #13
Aximsite Prospect

Carrier: AT&T
Question

Originally Posted by kevingamin View Post
I've put the 10 tips on fixing common AT&T Tilt problems article from Pocketables.com to good use. I've downloaded KaiserTweak, switched all of the options to the advised choices, downloaded Opera Mobile to test drive how well that works, and am getting ready to install the black dialer skin so I can touch dial on the screen. I keep this up, my wife might start envying my Tilt over her iPhone...
I've been trying to download that Black Screen dialer for the past 2 days with no success. Please let me know how you did it. Thanks.
tilt-o-whirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-08, 12:48 AM   #14
Aximsite Prospect

Device: HTC 8925 (Tilt)
Carrier: ATT
When clearing the bloatware with the hard/soft reset combo, does anybody know if this also removes the included full games?
seanrquinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atandt, manual, reviews, specs, tilt, users, videos

Sponsor Ads