Notices

iPaq 200 Series (iPAQ 210) The iPaq 210 is a powerful Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC designed for business.

Old 04-18-08, 08:55 AM   #1
Aximsite Minor League

Bluetooth disappeared from iPAQ wireless

Thouthgt I'd let you know, not because I expect any resolutive help other than "do a hard reset", which I'm not going to do... but it appears like, according th iPAQ wireless today plugin, Bluetooth is not there anymore.
The last "significant" thing I did before I noticed it, was a -succefully completed- Sprite backup.
Then, not right after that, but what's for sure, before doing another soft reset after the two ones Sprite does itself, I noticed there was no BT button on the iPAQ wireless bar anymore, nor a Bluetooth pan in the iPAQ wireless opened application... when I do click the plugin name on the left, all I get is the WLAN tab. No, soft reset doesn't solve it.
That scared the s**t out of me at first because I immediately thought "the BT radio must have frieed, there you go I just discovered another 214 bug", but then I opened tomtom, and it correctly made the blue led light up, then I also checked the "Wireless" today plugin, and BT was correctly accessible, just as it was from Connections panel. Right now I am verifying a correct BTPhoneManager internet session (as someone made a mistake and activated a free dialup offer to my cellphone).
So well, after all I did discover another 214 bug, enjoy.

Edit: errata corrige, just now I reactivate the iPAQ wireless to check on it, and I stand corrected about one thing: the BT button in the Today plugin is visible, but it's grayed out, without the red cross mark, and it's inactive, tapping on it holds no function. Other than that, everything is as I already stated.

Last edited by Theemed; 04-18-08 at 09:46 AM.
Theemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 04-18-08, 10:17 AM   #2
Aximsite Minor League

Device: Motorola i560
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Can you open the Bluetooth Manager directly? See this thread: http://www.aximsite.com/boards/ipaq-...ccessible.html
ThinkOutside Sierra Bluetooth Keyboard
Pharos GPS w/ Bluetooth Dock

HP 2133 Mini-Note
1.6GHz VIA, 2GB DDR2 RAM
120GB 7200RPM HDD with Drive Guard
10/100/1000 Ethernet with Bluetooth 2.0
running Windows XP Pro

Kid's Pocket PC (to make homework fun):
Axim X30 (High)
ThinkOutside IR Keyboard

PLUS the following RETIRED (but still functional) devices:
1. Sharp Mobilon 4100
2. iPAQ 3150
FrinkTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 10:55 AM   #3
Aximsite Rookie

I found another solution for this issue on Brighthand forum

Quote:
Simply open up the Hp wireless window ( do not click on the toggle icons but on the bar itself to open up the dual tab window, if were talking about the same problem, the BT tab will not be available ).

The trick is to close the hp wireless app using a task manager ( not the X at the top even if its set to close )

I personally use quickmenu, once the proccess is killed the today plugin still shows but the x on each toggle icon will be replaced by a gray one. Simply tap this bar and the hp wireless tool will reload properly and will be able to manage both wifi and bt.
rush214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 12:34 PM   #4
Aximsite Minor League

Yes, no biggie about the alternative ways to reach the BT tools... the point of the post was "bleh now even the iPAQ Wireless tool got messed up, this device is a whole nest of bugs" :D
I've just activated the Wireless today plugin instead of the iPAQ wireless, even if the latter was more comfortable...

Last edited by Theemed; 04-18-08 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-20-08, 07:11 AM   #5
yildi

I observed this problem when I cleaned up my startup folder. For a reason that I do not understand, the Wireless manager need both BTTrayCE.lnk and iPAQWireless.lnk load during the boot process. When I suppressed these elements from starup, I have found myself facing an empty wireless manager...
As a consequence, putting these shrotcuts to \Windows\startup folder should solve your problem after a SR.

I hope this helps...

Murat
Old 04-20-08, 01:04 PM   #6
Aximsite Minor League

Originally Posted by yildi View Post
I observed this problem when I cleaned up my startup folder. For a reason that I do not understand, the Wireless manager need both BTTrayCE.lnk and iPAQWireless.lnk load during the boot process. When I suppressed these elements from starup, I have found myself facing an empty wireless manager...
As a consequence, putting these shrotcuts to \Windows\startup folder should solve your problem after a SR.

I hope this helps...

Murat
hm just checked, they're there already. And after cursing the combination of TomTom and WM6 at least 4 times today, having to SR at the same time, I can rule that out as the cause. You gave me a glimpse of hope anyway :)
Old 04-21-08, 02:50 PM   #7
yildi

Sorry. I hope that we will find the solution. Let me know if I can try to help you otherwise...

Good luck!

Murat
Old 04-21-08, 03:52 PM   #8
Aximsite Prospect

I had the same problem. Couldn't pin down the cause - just seems to happen randomly.
However, in order to restore the bluetooth tab, what you need to do is close Ipaq Wireless with a task manager, NOT THE X BUTTON (even if its set to really close). I use Quick Menu, but I suppose others work. When you reopen the Ipaq wiereless manager, the bluetooth tab should be there again.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-08, 03:11 PM   #9
Aximsite Minor League

What do you know guys... I tried to reactivate iPAQ Wireless as today plugin right now and everything worked fine... and I did nothing major during this while.
Well, "working fine" isn't really the expression to use, as I can activate BT radio from today plugin's button, but I cannot deactivate it unless I open the tab. I mean, the blue led turns on as soon as I click today's button, the red cross disappears, but the button stays grayed out. If I click it again, nothing happens... I have to open the tab, where BT is reported as inactive (?), click it to activate it, then reclick it to deactivate, and the blue light correctly shuts off (??) Nonetheless, even in this crippled form, it's still more accessible than the "Wireless" today plugin... thanks for the suggestions anyway!
Old 04-23-08, 10:30 AM   #10
mingkee

here is a help
must have total commander installed
with total, go to \windows, find
btconnmanagerce.exe, copy it to \windows\start menu\programs, then you can assign a button to access
it works with all Broadcom stack
Old 04-23-08, 01:30 PM   #11
Aximsite Minor League

Can you really assign an hardware button to something else? I mean, they are all pretty useful as they already are (except messaging). Start menu and OK are always needed, calendar as well, and then I have messaging remapped to contacts. With Record as the fastest way to access notes/voice recording, I wouldn't feel comfortable removing a functionality from one of those. Unless total commander allows assigning to "press&hold" events.
Old 04-23-08, 04:31 PM   #12
yildi

I invite you to test AEButton plus that allows attaching 4 actions to each button (one click, double click; three click and long click actions). It also contains very useful actions like Toogle BT or Toogle WiFi that you can assign to one of these actions for any of the five buttons of 210. It also contains other nice actions like copy and paste or a task switcher.

The trial version is quite complete and does not nag you much. I am testing it now and if I do not see any problem, I would be happy to pay for activating the full version (not really necessary, except for supporting Alexander Eltsyn who develops the software).
Murat
Old 04-23-08, 05:09 PM   #13
Aximsite Minor League

That sounds like a useful input! Right now I'm wondering how much CPU resources it takes up to finely monitor the button actvity
Old 04-23-08, 05:48 PM   #14
Aximsite Minor League

Device: Motorola i560
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Originally Posted by Theemed View Post
Can you really assign an hardware button to something else? I mean, they are all pretty useful as they already are (except messaging). Start menu and OK are always needed, calendar as well, and then I have messaging remapped to contacts. With Record as the fastest way to access notes/voice recording, I wouldn't feel comfortable removing a functionality from one of those. Unless total commander allows assigning to "press&hold" events.
BTW, the iPAQ 21x front buttons are mapped to 2 functions each: the quick press and the press-and-hold. If you press and hold the Calendar button, Contacts will launch (unless you've already remapped that), And the other buttons do the same thing. You may already know that, but I wasn't sure from your post.
ThinkOutside Sierra Bluetooth Keyboard
Pharos GPS w/ Bluetooth Dock

HP 2133 Mini-Note
1.6GHz VIA, 2GB DDR2 RAM
120GB 7200RPM HDD with Drive Guard
10/100/1000 Ethernet with Bluetooth 2.0
running Windows XP Pro

Kid's Pocket PC (to make homework fun):
Axim X30 (High)
ThinkOutside IR Keyboard

PLUS the following RETIRED (but still functional) devices:
1. Sharp Mobilon 4100
2. iPAQ 3150
FrinkTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 08:33 PM   #15
mingkee

since I have to use bluetooth manager alot (yes, alot), then I assign a button for it
very handy and convenient
that's why I discovered how to make a shortcut
Start and OK buttons are handy sometimes.....esp if I want to minimize an app to continue the previous work, or toggle to another app
too bad iTask is not included

Tags
bluetooth, disappeared, ipaq, wireless

Sponsor Ads