Notices

iPaq 200 Series (iPAQ 210) The iPaq 210 is a powerful Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC designed for business.

Old 04-26-08, 08:33 AM   #1
Aximsite Minor League

FB112AA#AC3 USB Host Cable Found!

Gadulowaty at Brighthand has found this link, HP iPAQ 200 Series Enhanced Sync/Charge Cable (FB112AA)

This is long sought USB host cable,

The HP iPAQ 200 Series Enhanced USB/Sync/Charge Cable not only enables easy charging and synchronization of your iPAQ with a PC, but also allows you to use your iPAQ with a USB keyboard, Flash drive, memory card reader and other USB peripherals (please refer to the iPAQ 210 web site for a full list of supported USB peripherals).

Use your iPAQ with select USB peripherals, including:
- USB keyboard
- USB flash drive
- Memory card reader/writer
- Powered USB hub (please refer to the iPAQ 210 web site for a full list of supported USB peripherals).

Synchronize your iPAQ with your computer

Charge your iPAQ

FB112AA - Toppreise.ch
David Hettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 04-26-08, 11:21 AM   #2
Aximsite Rookie

Device: Blackberry8100Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
why did HP discontinue it?
technofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 02:59 PM   #3
Aximsite Minor League

Same question I had... too many request for HP to handle so they preferred to let the alternative brand market do the job?
Theemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 07:58 PM   #4
Aximsite Minor League

Originally Posted by technofreak View Post
why did HP discontinue it?
What makes you believe it has been discontinued? Rather than say not yet released?
Old 04-26-08, 11:46 PM   #5
Aximsite Rookie

Device: Blackberry8100Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
because HPs site said the item has been discontinued last time i checked on its model number
technofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 01:25 AM   #6
Aximsite Elite

Device: windows mobile phone
Carrier: AT&T

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Silver Member Top Notch MyPDA Aximsite Active Bronze Member Member of the Month Moderator Medal 
Total Awards: 5

I think HP is getting out of the parts business. There's an HP supplier that sells quite a lot of parts, but they don't have the cable yet:

iPAQ Parts Store & 3C Accessory Store

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-08, 07:36 AM   #7
billpool

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I think HP is getting out of the parts business. There's an HP supplier that sells quite a lot of parts, but they don't have the cable yet:

iPAQ Parts Store & 3C Accessory Store
Here's yet another way???

Go to Google search & enter FB112AA hit enter will bring up several items, at the top of the google page click on shopping and you are shown where to get the item.....

Worked for me, now to order one of the enhanced sync cables from US suppliers.

FB112AA#AC3 at PinnacleMicro.com $124.70

FB112AAAC3 (SHP) HP IPAQ 200 SERIES ENHANCED SYNC/CHARGE @ www.JPCparts.com $101.38

FB112AAAC3 (SHP) HP IPAQ 200 SERIES ENHANCED SYNC/CHARGE @ www.ambry.com $99.80

and another for $50.40
:cheers:
Old 04-29-08, 07:11 PM   #8
Aximsite Minor League

...are we talking about a CABLE being sold at 100+USD? Either I am not getting something straight, or something else somewhere in the marketing process went terribly wrong, if a piece of plastic with some metal costs like 10 bluetooth USB dongles, or 10 WiFi USB adapters... or, you just do the math.
Old 04-29-08, 07:56 PM   #9
billpool

Originally Posted by Theemed View Post
...are we talking about a CABLE being sold at 100+USD? Either I am not getting something straight, or something else somewhere in the marketing process went terribly wrong, if a piece of plastic with some metal costs like 10 bluetooth USB dongles, or 10 WiFi USB adapters... or, you just do the math.
HP iPAQ 200 Series Enhanced Sync/Charge Cable (FB112AA) specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products will show you a picture of the part at HP as well as the literature they have for it.

If you plan to order, follow the instructions in my previous message. Once you select "shopping" google will show you the sources.

HTH

Take Care
Old 04-30-08, 04:27 AM   #10
Ceril

anywhere between $50 to $100+ ? Nice mark-up for a cable.
I guess that my indecision is finally at an end
Old 04-30-08, 04:31 AM   #11
Aximsite Minor League

...yup, that's just a 24pin connector, with correct cabling to use the USB-host pins which connect inside a female USB port... plus a graphite cylinder to reduce interference; no fancy proprietary-technology external controller chips or anything attached. How such a thing (produced industrially, and not by hand) could be sold at more than 100USD (or even 50, or make it 20 - i'd say a fair price would be no more than 15USD, against a production cost of maybe about 2USD) fails to appear clear to me. Free market, sure :p

Last edited by Theemed; 04-30-08 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-03-08, 07:46 PM   #12
billpool

Originally Posted by Theemed View Post
...yup, that's just a 24pin connector, with correct cabling to use the USB-host pins which connect inside a female USB port... plus a graphite cylinder to reduce interference; no fancy proprietary-technology external controller chips or anything attached. How such a thing (produced industrially, and not by hand) could be sold at more than 100USD (or even 50, or make it 20 - i'd say a fair price would be no more than 15USD, against a production cost of maybe about 2USD) fails to appear clear to me. Free market, sure :p

Ahh yes they are pricey but right now they are the only game in town, including HP. Matter of fact the part is an HP part with wrappings and papers. It would seem as though as was mentioned here earlier, HP is getting out of the parts business...hopefully they'll start making the ipaq numbers available to us common folks so we can use Google shopping..

Anyhow,this unit permits me to use my ipaq with a selection of USB periphials, including:

Usb keyboard, Usb flash drive, memory card reader/writer, and a powered USB hub. I plan to have a configuration setup to link the 210 to my Targa powered port replicator/usb hub... It will also facilitate synchronization and recharging.

Yes, it does this all with no fancy proprietary-technology external controller chips or anything. :rolling:

Take Care
Old 05-04-08, 11:21 AM   #13
Aximsite Minor League

That's the point :) It's unbelievably useful to those who would benefit from the functionalities you listed, still it does't make sense to pay it more than 50 times it's real cost just because there are only 2-3 manufactures producing it. Suppose the ones among us not willing to waste money to nasty commercial logics will have to wait
Old 05-04-08, 02:08 PM   #14
billpool

You are absolutely right, and back when they supported users with parts for their ipaq's I don't think we'd see such a mark-up as this. Makes you wonder just jow they handled the logistics in this "parts supply" switch. Anyway if the machine continues to sell and HP doesn't continue to turn people off with no OS updates, fixes, etc. , perhaps there'll be several clone items developed and drive prices down. I just didn't want to wait and bet on a maybe, add to that, I was very surprised to find out that the parts we'd all been talking about already existed...

Take Care
Old 05-07-08, 11:03 AM   #15
Aximsite Minor League

The dark side ~

Well it seems the iPAQ 210 driver is lacking. Some memory card devices work, and some do not. An old Kingston MobileLite works for SD cards while an ATP AF-KFSD-USB2 device does not work, nor does a Verbatim U3 4 GB Memory stick.

Tags
cable, fb112aa#ac3, found, host, usb

Sponsor Ads