Notices

Mobility Site News Mobilitysite News Announcements (no commenting)

Old 08-09-06, 10:41 PM   #1
Blogger

Device: LG Rumor
Carrier: Sprint

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Silver Member News Editor Medal 
Total Awards: 2

Pocket Watch Software Releases ActivePrint 4.7

Pocket Watch Software is proud to announce the release of ActivePrint 4.7!

Do you print from your pocket PC? Then you may want to check out the latest version of ActivePrint. There are several improvements that have been added to ActivePrint 4.7 that increase its functionality both behind the scenes as well as new features such as an advanced security option.

Among the new features included are:
  • Improved printing performance.
  • Added new Advanced Security option for ActivePrint UltraLight to help prevent unauthorized use of your ActivePrint UltraLight Server.
  • Implemented Advanced Security option for ActivePrint Classic so that only devices that are a part of your license can use your ActivePrint Server.
  • Fixed problem with ActivePrint TG that would cause memory card selection to fail on some devices.
  • Improved general program performance.
Free trial versions of the new ActivePrint 4.7 are available at:
http://pocketwatchsoftware.com/Activ..._versions.html

You can also take a look at our new Product Comparison chart to decide which version of ActivePrint is right for you at:

http://pocketwatchsoftware.com/Activ...omparison.html

Or you can visit the official ActivePrint web site at:
http://www.activeprint.net

Or the ActivePrint Blog at:
http://pocketwatchsoftware.com/ActivePrintBlog/

ActivePrint is the award winning mobile printing solution for the Windows Mobile operating system. With ActivePrint, Windows Mobile users are given the invaluable capability of printing from their mobile devices to any Windows 2000/XP/2003 compatible printer without the necessity of wireless hardware.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - George Carlin
hnelson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 08-09-06, 10:52 PM   #2
kulnet

Thanks for the heads up! :approve:
Old 08-10-06, 12:34 AM   #3
pablo216

Nice to know... thanks :approve:
Old 08-10-06, 09:24 AM   #4
Aximsite All Star

Device: Motorola v635
Carrier: Cingular
I don't really print, or can think of a time I would want to on my PPC. But how does this play with an Axim x51v? How is the driver support printing on a HP Printer compared to a Lexmark?
player911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-06, 10:14 AM   #5
safesax2002

Aximsitex3icon

This looks nice, but if you're looking for something free :thumb: , I still have the latest version of HP's print software. It's not as robust but it does the job if you have most HP printers and a few select Canon and Epson printers.

PM me if you want me to send it to you since HP doesn't offer it on their site anymore. :bang:

Last edited by safesax2002; 08-10-06 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-10-06, 09:59 PM   #6
Aximsite Major League

Does any print software that is free work with a lexmark printer??
disbethelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 06:30 PM   #7
Aximsite Veteran

Device: Apple iPhone 8GB
Carrier: T-Mobile - Unlocked

Awards Showcase
Moderator Medal News Editor Medal Aximsite Active Bronze Member Aximsite Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 4

Originally Posted by disbethelife
Does any print software that is free work with a lexmark printer??
Depends. I have the HP Software hosted on my website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ksong12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 11:51 AM   #8
Aximsite Rookie

how does the active print work ? doo you have to be conected via active sync to print ? Or can you print wirelessly ? Because if you do have to be connected via active sync, then I don't see a point..

how does the free soft works with espon printers ? do you have to be connected to the main comp to print from ppc ?
polishruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-06, 09:55 PM   #9
Aximsite Prospect

IR printing from axim x51v

Originally Posted by safesax2002
This looks nice, but if you're looking for something free :thumb: , I still have the latest version of HP's print software. It's not as robust but it does the job if you have most HP printers and a few select Canon and Epson printers.

PM me if you want me to send it to you since HP doesn't offer it on their site anymore. :bang:
Please if it will let me use IR printing from axim x51v to Canon BJC-85. Thanks.
danbarrow@comcast.net
danbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-06, 09:51 AM   #10
safesax2002

For everyone else's information, the HP software does support the BJC-80, so I would imagine that it would support the BJC-85.

I was going to attach it but it's is too big. Here is the link to my Box.net account :approve: .

http://www.box.net/public/q5u887tz94
Old 08-18-06, 08:22 AM   #11
Aximsite Rookie

I have installed ActivePrint UltraLight on my Axim x51. I connect my Axim to my home network by WiFi and print on the printer connected by USB to my PC which is also on the home network (i.e., the printer is not on the network per se). It works fine this way. This does not require ActiveSync, but does require that the PC and printer be turned on, which they do not have to be for other purposes when the Axim is connected by WiFi.
Edgar in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activeprint, pocket, releases, software, watch

Sponsor Ads