Notices

WiFi Talk As the title states, WIFI !!!

Old 03-18-05, 06:39 AM   #1
Blogger

Device: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T US

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Gold Member Aximsite Silver Reviews Top Notch MyPDA Aximsite Bronze Referrer Aximsite Veteran Staff News Editor Medal Aximsite Active Silver Member Aximsite Active Bronze Member 
Total Awards: 9

Cingular GPRS Connection Settings

*** Sticky this please...

These are the settings to create a GPRS connection via a bonded Bluetooth Phone, although some phones may or may not require the extra dial string or the *99# vs *99***1#. Those are phone specific settings

The Pics are of my connection via Moto v551. Most of these values are CASE SENSITIVE.

See http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=75661 for Cingular data plan info
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Con1.jpg (23.5 KB, 867 views)
File Type: jpg Con2.jpg (20.1 KB, 805 views)
File Type: jpg Con3.jpg (25.0 KB, 764 views)
File Type: jpg Con4.jpg (24.0 KB, 794 views)
File Type: jpg Con5.jpg (28.2 KB, 803 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and

and

Last edited by radimus; 03-18-05 at 06:44 AM.
radimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 03-22-05, 05:22 PM   #2
Aximsite Rookie

Originally Posted by radimus
*** Sticky this please...

These are the settings to create a GPRS connection via a bonded Bluetooth Phone, although some phones may or may not require the extra dial string or the *99# vs *99***1#. Those are phone specific settings

The Pics are of my connection via Moto v551. Most of these values are CASE SENSITIVE.

See http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=75661 for Cingular data plan info
I have all the same hardware and all my screens look like the ones you posted here. One problem, I cannot connect! When I boot up I.E. the axim dials, but no connection is made. It says no connection was made "for unknown reasons." Since December I have not been able to get on the internet with the pda and my cingular moto 551. I'm getting ready to give up.
yoshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 09:43 AM   #3
Aximsite Minor League

I use some slightly different settings:

For user name: ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM

For extra commands: &f&d2&c1+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular"

Also, I was told by the Cingular rep that *99***1# is the dial up for Motorola phones. I don't know what the difference would be with other phones using the GPRS protocols.
tj42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-05, 10:43 AM   #4
Blogger

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Gold Member Aximsite Silver Reviews Top Notch MyPDA Aximsite Bronze Referrer Aximsite Veteran Staff News Editor Medal Aximsite Active Silver Member Aximsite Active Bronze Member 

the ISP.... settings are for commercial data accounts

If your settings are correct, I'd remove the settings, unbond the phone, reset and start over

and

and

and

Old 03-29-05, 09:14 PM   #5
Blogger

Awards Showcase

I just got my first Cingular bill...
47mb... unlimited data for $24.99 rules

and

and

and

Old 03-30-05, 09:27 PM   #6
Aximsite Rookie

Has anyone been able to connect via bluetooth with the Dell Axim x50v? I have tried all of the settings above and no luck. I can connect with my laptop and the only setting missing is a place to put in the access point of "wap.cingular".

Help!
Keith GP
KeithGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 10:15 PM   #7
Blogger

Awards Showcase

ummm, that is what I'm using. Look at the photos in the first post. in #4 click the advanced button to get to #5

and

and

and

Last edited by radimus; 03-31-05 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-19-05, 03:03 AM   #8
Aximsite Rookie

what speeds are u connecting at? dial up speed? slower? faster?

R1OneWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 06:10 PM   #9
Aximsite Prospect

I just changed to cingular today and have a razor with my X30. I do not subscribe to a data plan and had hoped to connect for inet/email as I did with my v60 and Alltel through my voice plan. I have spent a couple of hours on the boards looking and tried multiple settings. Am I just wasting my time without a data plan? Thanks
mpzpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 07:26 PM   #10
Blogger

Awards Showcase

you do not need a data plan, just be prepared for an unexpected bill at the end of the month.

Well, that isn't exactly true, you need to have some sort of GPRS plan enabled... By default, GPRS is enabled on your account, but any DL or browsing or text messaging is at a much higer 'ala cart' rate than if you bought a minimum plan.

You CAN disable GPRS on your acct, usually for kids who can't control themselves, in which you cannot browse at all.

and

and

and

Old 04-29-05, 03:22 PM   #11
Aximsite Prospect

Well, thanks to my local cingular store...not the 800# support. I have connected my razor with my x30 and successfully connected to my ISP. Not GPRS. They had to enable CSD (Circuit Switched Data)with a monthly charge of $3.95. This will be charged through my voice minutes with no data charges or plan. I also do not have any access number codes, just the direct number to my ISP. It connects and shows data 9.6kb on the display of my phone.

Thanks for all the helpful info in this forum, asking for CSD made all the difference when speaking to the support people.
Old 05-01-05, 08:11 AM   #12
Aximsite Prospect

What exactly did you ask fow when asking for CSD? I called Cingular (Atlanta) and they were clueless. They said my only option was GPRS @ $80/mo unlimited. My phone is a Mot V400 if it matters.
dervari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 11:00 AM   #13
Blogger

Awards Showcase

Read the first post in the thread and follow the link

and

and

and

Old 05-02-05, 12:35 PM   #14
Aximsite Prospect

I asked specifically for CSD (Circuit Switched Data) and made a point of saying “not GPRS” Clarify that you don’t have a data plan. One thing that was important is rebooting both my phone and PDA after they made a change. This has worked well for the past few days and the 9.6K transfer rate is no problem for grabbing my emails and finding a phone number on-line. You could also call the tech support number 800-362-8496
Good luck.
Old 05-04-05, 01:49 AM   #15
Aximsite Prospect

Just a quick question. If I have a data plan and it says on my phone GPRS while I am using the internet on the Axim that means it is utilizing my data plan right? Thanks in advance sorry i'm hella new to this

Last edited by got honda; 05-04-05 at 01:56 AM.
got honda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cingular, connection, gprs, settings

Sponsor Ads