Notices

X30 / X3 / X3i Forums Talk about anything related to the X30 / X3 / X3i.

Old 01-24-05, 10:50 PM   #1
Aximsite Prospect

Problem with Spacebar on Dell Keyboard

Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased the Dell Keyboard, non-BT, from a discount computer site. The keyboard works fine after drivers are installed with one glaring exception. The spacebar on the keyboard needs to be hit about twice as hard as any other key, and directly in the center of the key, or else it does not register a space on my document. To me, this renders the keyboard mostly useless, as I cannot be expected to type efficiently with this issue. However, when I wrote to the site asking for a replacement, the salesman said he'd be happy to issue me a replacement, but to be aware that all portable keyboards have this problem with the spacebar. I checked the internet and found no one else with this issue. Has this been an issue for anyone either with this Dell keyboard or any other PDA/PPC keyboard? I am new to the pocket world and would really love to have a functioning keyboard to accompany my X30H. Any feedback at all about this issue would be greatly appreciated.
mwelling12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 01-24-05, 11:35 PM   #2
Aximsite Minor League

Originally Posted by mwelling12
Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased the Dell Keyboard, non-BT, from a discount computer site. The keyboard works fine after drivers are installed with one glaring exception. The spacebar on the keyboard needs to be hit about twice as hard as any other key, and directly in the center of the key, or else it does not register a space on my document. To me, this renders the keyboard mostly useless, as I cannot be expected to type efficiently with this issue. However, when I wrote to the site asking for a replacement, the salesman said he'd be happy to issue me a replacement, but to be aware that all portable keyboards have this problem with the spacebar. I checked the internet and found no one else with this issue. Has this been an issue for anyone either with this Dell keyboard or any other PDA/PPC keyboard? I am new to the pocket world and would really love to have a functioning keyboard to accompany my X30H. Any feedback at all about this issue would be greatly appreciated.
I got my keyboard when I got my x30Hihgs (i got 2 and 2 keyboards) bolth of my keyboards work great, I do not have problems with the spacebar on either of my keyboards, dude, you should have gotten it from Dell.
dspirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 04:26 PM   #3
Aximsite Hall of Fame

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Gold Member 
Total Awards: 1

no probs for me!!! :::)))

chris
aximbigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-05, 08:15 PM   #4
makarman

That's quite baffling. Try returning it and ordering a new one from Dell.
Old 01-26-05, 01:12 AM   #5
Aximsite Minor League

got mine on ebay and works perfect.
tOfuTurtLe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dell, keyboard, problem, spacebar

Sponsor Ads