Notices

X50 Hardware Troubles Axim X50 Hardware Discussions

Old 09-14-06, 10:16 PM   #1
DSmithZ28

Can't open bluetooth manager or settings

Okay, I guess I should know this but I cannot get my bluetooth manager or settings to open. I can tap and activate my bluetooth, but when I tap to open settings or the manager it just clicks and no screen displays.

I am using a x50v with wisbar advance II version 2.6.0.1 I susppect this might have been thr problem, but I tried deactivating wisbar with no success. I am using A05 rom version.

I just got a bt laptop so I am just now playing with the bt funtion and do not have much experience on this. Thanks!
Sponsor Ads
Old 09-15-06, 08:47 AM   #2
DSmithZ28

bump? Anyone experieince this problem?
Old 09-19-06, 09:41 AM   #3
DSmithZ28

Still looking for some help on this. I can activate BT with no issues and it works fine, but after I activate it, I cannot open the task manager or settings. No screens will open up. After several soft resets it will eventually open. I am also having problems with battery drainage. I am sure to "close" out all programs before I "shut" down my axim. I cannot figure this out. Help would be greatly appreciated! :approve:
Old 09-19-06, 09:46 AM   #4
Aximsite Legend

Addicted Member

I've only had similar things when i've been incredibly low on program memory..

Howe much free room do you have there?
Old 09-19-06, 01:55 PM   #5
DSmithZ28

Seemed to have helped after another soft reset but the problem remains. Thansk for your help Andy. After 4 days I was ready to give up on the aximsite think tank.... I guess everyone must be over at the politics and religion threads...
Old 09-20-06, 12:23 AM   #6
Aximsite Legend

Addicted Member

it may be worth stockings memory meter somewhere in your screen... So then the problems occur, you can see if it is memory related.
Old 09-20-06, 10:54 AM   #7
Aximsite All Star

Device: Moto V3
Carrier: AT&T (Cingular)

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 1

I use my X50v with a BT keyboard and also to connect to my phone. Haven't encountered anything like this. But I have noticed my memory is getting very low in the past few days, so will watch and see if that makes a difference.

Also, would you have to completely uninstall Wisbar (not just deactivate it) and do a soft reset before knowing for sure if that was the problem?

Thanks to PocketBrain for bringing the parrot to life!! :)
BirdBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 02:52 PM   #8
DSmithZ28

Originally Posted by BirdBrain
I use my X50v with a BT keyboard and also to connect to my phone. Haven't encountered anything like this. But I have noticed my memory is getting very low in the past few days, so will watch and see if that makes a difference.

Also, would you have to completely uninstall Wisbar (not just deactivate it) and do a soft reset before knowing for sure if that was the problem?
Not sure about un-installing wisbar, but I am not going to go through all the fuss. I believe as my most esteemed collegue Psionandy eluded to that it is a memory issue. However, simply killing some applications and adjusting the memory meter bar does not seem to help. It needs to be soft reseted before I can access it. So, I simple make sure to tap the memory manager before doing anything else that would suck up memory.
Old 09-20-06, 02:59 PM   #9
Aximsite Legend

Addicted Member

Dsmith... You've just said something that rings a bell....

... now where did i put it,

I know it was here somewhere.....

here is is....

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129140

does that shed any light on the subject?
Old 09-20-06, 03:08 PM   #10
heybhouse

I have problems at times opening BT. I did find a work around that works for me even though it seems really basic. Sometimes I get an error stating that my BT is expired and won't open (whatever that means). All I do is instead of using the icon to open it on the today screen, I go into setting, connections, BT and turn it on from there. For some reason it works for me. If you can't find a solution, back up your PDA onto a memory card and do a hard reset.

BTW, as an SC fan I sure enjoyed seeing highlights from the ND Michigan game.
Old 09-20-06, 03:10 PM   #11
DSmithZ28

Originally Posted by psionandy
Dsmith... You've just said something that rings a bell....

... now where did i put it,

I know it was here somewhere.....

here is is....

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129140

does that shed any light on the subject?

Once again, you DA MAN!!!!

Thanks Andy....

:approve:
Old 09-25-06, 08:18 PM   #12
Aximsite Prospect

I don't use any of the mentioned programs that use a lot of driver memory, yet I have this problem.

I tried the suggestion to start BT by going into Settings>Connections>BT, but no joy.

I wonder if I caused my own problem, by moving stuff around with MemMaid? I recall moving my DLLs to Built-In Storage, and recall seeing that DLLs might be involved with this problem?

Short of a hard-reset, is there a workaround?
Old 01-13-07, 10:17 PM   #13
Aximsite Prospect

Maybe I shouldn't bump an old thread like this, but this is such a common problem from what I've seen of others' experiences, I had to relate my fix. I also posted this on the more complete thread mentioned above.

I backed up my X50 to an SD Card, not Built-In Storage - you'll see why later.

I uninstalled every program on my Axim X50 one by one, and did a soft-reset after each one, looking for the program(s) that consumed driver memory which prevented Bluetooth from starting.

After uninstalling absolutely every program, BT still gave me the message "The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn on due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn on the Bluetooth radio".

Since all programs were uninstalled at this point, I bit the bullet and did a hard reset.

After restoring my backup (and re-installing Pocket Informant to fix a minor bug), everything is back to normal AND Bluetooth works.

I'm not sure why the hard reset and restore worked, but maybe someone else can enlighten me on this.

Hope this helps someone, since this BT problem is fairly widespread on WM2003SE Axims, judging by the posts I find about this here and elsewhere on the Web.
Old 01-25-07, 09:46 AM   #14
Aximsite Prospect

Bluetooth configuration

I have recently updated the ROM from WM 2003 SE to WM 2005. I was checking the new options when I discovered that the setting and services options were not available in the new OS.

As a result It is not possible to establish a bluetooth connection with any other device either mobile telephone or PDA.

Please, I need support on this subject because at the moment the bluetooth connection is worthless for me.

Thank you.

:hide:
NRDC-SP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, manager, open, settings

Sponsor Ads