Notices

X50 / X51 Forums Talk about anything related to the X50 / X51 series.

Old 08-11-06, 11:18 AM   #1
Aximsite Rookie

Device: Nextel i870
Aximsiteactivesyncicon ActiveSync won't stop syncing

When my x51v is put in the cradle, synchronization starts normally (most of the time), then it just keeps synchronizing over and over and over. When I do this at work, it syncs once, then only when changes are made. What gives?
khassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsor Ads
Old 08-11-06, 11:33 AM   #2
Aximsite Veteran

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member 
Total Awards: 1

Thats the way it works. Also if you don't connect the external power supply all that syncing will keep your battery from being charged. The best solution I found is using a program called activesync toggle. It goes on your PC desktop and allows you to stop and start syncing manually. here is a link http://www.micrologics.co.uk/library/ast/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
benots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 11:54 AM   #3
Aximsite Rookie

Device: Nextel i870
Thanks. Now I have another question, why does ActiveSync not connect sometimes on my home PC? It always works at work.
khassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 12:24 PM   #4
Aximsite Veteran

Awards Showcase
Aximsite Active Bronze Member 
Total Awards: 1

Thats to vague to answer, except for: Activesync is problematic. It can be messed up firewall settings, virus checkers, hubs, other sync programs, media players, and hot fixes to name a few. Also some PCs only seem to work if booted with usb devices connected. I have one PC at home that does this with my camera. Only works when I boot the PC with the camera connected. On some systems I think the current draw from the axim is enough to mess up the PC.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
benots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 12:47 PM   #5
Aximsite Prospect

My x51v syncs when first placed in cradle (with power supplied) and only syncs that first time. If I turn the pda off while still connected and cradled, it turns itself back on maybe 5 minutes later and tries to sync again. I find this annoying, so the simple solution for me is to just leave the thing on. I only turned it off thinking it would charge the battery up faster. I do have the fake server trick installed and functioning properly. No real advise here from me, but just wanted to throw one of my experiences into the mix.
jonesy69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activesync, stop, syncing

Sponsor Ads